IoT & Smart buildings
Smart home, energy monitors integrated with other stuff
- MyEnergi developing green products for home and business, recently awarded a BEIS contract for domestic DSR source: the energyst
- Home Connect is the iot very proprietary platform by Bosch, device management and optimisation with a set of selected partners
- Hive smart home device range, started with thermostat, bought by Centrica / British Gas
- Nest notoriously bought by Google, started as thermostat only, progressively expanded to smart home
- Develco Denmark based, gateway, controlled socket, relays, pass through, sensors. All Zigbee connected, quite amazing
- Lightwave rf controlled and connected power sockets, switches, sensors, radiator valves. They claim to do energy monitoring, but haven’t found anything on website.
- Netatmo smart thermostat, air quality monitor, smoke detector, radiator valves, indoor / outdoor camera
- Gridduck UK based cloud energy management platform with devices developed on top of Develco (see above). Listed for winning 360k in funding for gamification of EV charging in the south-korea collaboration, link founder and CEO is Gregor
- Asema is a smart-energy iot platform with sensors and dashboards, not sure it’s on the market already. They also have an open API
- Innovelec custom design and implementation of IoT solutions mainly in UK
- Tridium owned by Honeywell International deleoping IoT for business applications, creators of the Niagara framework that also has a marketplace
- Syscom is a Centrica company that creates tailored and custom-made solutions in the engineering, software, commissioning and maintenance of Building Energy Management Systems. Manufacturer of a wireless meter
- Control 4 is one of the leading home automation systems with plenty of upscale different devices. Quite new to energy efficiency though, worth a check
- 75f is a IoT smart HVAC solution makes commercial buildings more comfortable and energy efficient. Funded by breakthrough energy ventures
- EcoSync Energy have created a cloud-based platform for existing building technologies like the room booking system and heating control to synchronise and communicate so as to provide heating for occupied areas only.
- Guru Systems improves the performance of heat networks, their technology is for people who want to deliver and operate heat networks
- Tado Germany rising, mentioned in the Reuters article (see below)
- Ecobee canada based, with v. interesting “donate your data” program, backed by energy impact partners
Energy monitors / controllers
- kiwipowered a circuit breaker with monitor functionality, mainly for industrial clients
- efergy wire clamps, controlled sockets, webapp
- sense wire clamps, installed in the fuse box
- geotogether wire clamps, controlled sockets, thermostats, solar (mentioned in the solar/battery section by Ikea, indicates when to switch on/off appliances), consumer + business
- smappee wire clamps, webapp, claims to disaggregate by appliance
- neur.io wire clamps, webapp, solar
- Open energy monitor Open source home energy / solar / heat pump / EV charging monitor with their CMS emocms
- rialtocomfort wire clamps, thermostats, webapp
- watty Monitor, mainly a mobile app? Based in Sweden, Not sure how it works
- voltaware Energy monitor, very rudimental website, not clear if they have a device
Low level Sensors, Circuits, Relays, etc.
- lechacal for Raspberry pi
- Gewiss Zigbee series
- Bega 16A Zigbee relay
- Pikkerton Zigbee relay
- Search google images for Zigbee din relay there are tons!
Batteries / static storage
- eCamion was founded on the principle of providing green energy to support the future needs of a growing population and offering new solutions for Utilities, Automotive, Mining, Renewables and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.
- Pivot Power London + Oxford based big battery storage projects for EV charging and large residential / commercial developments connected directly to the transmission system.
- Blue planet energy Hawaii based storage for residential
- Connected Energy, based in Newcastle, UK. Recycling EV batteries but for commercial and industrial
- Reluce li-ion capacitors 120kW to 2.5MW
- PowerVault London based, batteries for residential, recycling EV batteries
- FIAMM Italian battery company, part of the Hitachi group, historically for vehicles, now shifting towards other markets
- Volts battery, Finland based for residential
- Moixa UK’s leading smart battery company, that offers integrated hardware and GridShare™ software, for renewable energy management.
- Sonnen German company, been recently (Feb 19) bought by Shell in the news
- Tesla powerwall
- Power Blox based in Zurich, working on projects for Africa / developing countries, CTO and Co-Founder is Alessandro Medici
- Nant energy Zinc batteries aiming 100$/kwh has been recently featured in NY times
- PowerTech Systems is a French company focussed on Lithium-Ion storage market and associated technologies. Specialized in design and engineering high performance Lithium batteries (> 1KW) covering a large application spectrum
- Electrovaya was founded in 1996 as a research and development company focused on Lithium ion technologies and manufacturing processes. In 2000, the company was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:EFL) and over the years has delivered projects for specialized applications in the aerospace, automotive and personal electronics segments.
- Northvolt, Stockholm based
- RedT vanadium flow batteries for industrial & commercial use
- Hycube based in Germany, residential and commercial
- BBoxx hardly can be defined a PV or a battery company, they provide a solar + battery + monitoring solution for developing countries, London based
- sma german company, with data management platform
- solar century
- evo energy check their PPA (min 200 panels / 40kwp, recommend epc certificate)
- enphase (US)
- sunpower (US)
- bticino photovoltaic
- S&C found it hard to place this, hence a new “microgrid” sub-section. They build hardware + software and provide consultancy services for implementation of microgrids, quite big US based